Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ok, sorry I haven't posted in a bit, but for some reason I just haven't felt like posting. Can't explain why, but I haven't.

Anyway, I believe Abba wrote about the violence already, so I won't cover that. However, if you haven't read his blog about it I strongly suggest you do. It would be good for you to get an idea of what happened.
Yesterday, Abba and George took the ladies to Migori, so it will be just the men (out of the group that came from home) here until Wednesday. Daniel also came yesterday, and talked today at church about the first miracle that Jesus did. He looked at it from a whole new perspective. I'd heard the story a thousand times, and I had heard a few different takes on it, so I thought that I knew pretty much everything to know about that one (for those of you who don't know that is the one where He turned the water into wine). Aside from the actual teaching being very good, it was also one more time of God showing me how little I know. I'm sure that you all already have a good idea of how little I know, but being a teenager, I tend to get that feeling that I know everything and can do anything. Who knows, I might grow out of that one day. Don't count on it though.
Tomorrow we are taking Daniel to Nairobi, so I'll get to go out there again. I'm looking forward to getting to spend the time with Abba, George and Daniel. They are all great men, and there is a lot that I can learn from them. Not to mention they are also all fun.
Keep praying for all of us, and that we would achieve everything that we want to do down here. While we have a lot we want to do with the youth, we don't see them every day, so it gets hard to make things happen. I'm sure that you all know how little you can accomplish by just talking in meetings and not following up the rest of the week. However, I think that all of these people want to make things happen, and they all care about God. And in the end we can do anything through God, so He will let us do something.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noah, it is good to see your blog. I have been reading and hearing the scriptures for many years and I still learn new things all the time - mainly because our Father is so vast and there is so many facets to his love...how could we would know him completely? So he gives us these treasures along the way. We literally live on those things. I heard one at the retreat this weekend when your dad was teaching. What was it you heard from this story that captured your attention?
    Know we are praying for you each day...

    ReplyDelete