Monday, August 23, 2010

I thought I would take a moment to tell you all about one of my favorite things about George. Not my favorite thing, but one of my favorite things. That is his laugh. I can't describe it, but it is totally hilarious. You would have to hear it to understand. Anyway, I thought I would put that up here, because he really has an awesome laugh. Every time I hear it it gets me laughing.
Another thing I thought I'd mention is my whole name thing. When we started traveling, we figured out that I needed a nick name due to having the same name as Abba. However, finding a name that works has been a bit of a work.
The first one I got was Joel, due to him being the last guy to come to Africa. However, we wanted to find one for me that was mine. I suggested Pavio, which is the name Poncho gave me. We tried that, and it worked for Joy, but not really so well for George and Amma, so we continued the search. Also, George was trying to give me an African name. I'm still not quite sure why, but he wanted to give me one.
Anyway, after many tries, we finally found a few that worked. So as far as I know here are my names while I'm in Africa: Joel, Noah, Pavio, Robert, Kamau, and Bob Miller. George gave me the last three and the first three are for Amy, Joy, Amma and Abba.

So anyway, probably have a good post for tomorrow. We didn't get to visit today, so we are going to visit tomorrow, and we are going to have a meeting in the evening. It will be a good day. So signing off for now. Take luck and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Noah, er Joel, er Pavio...Robert? Kamau? or Bob Miller! We love reading your blogs and are reading them as a household in the morning. We are praying for George to be able to come to the Ingathering. Don't get eaten by lions! (Hosanna) Thank you for encouraging us (Marlene) Your blogs have been inspiring (Kallah) And the Sojourners are praying for you (Sue, Melody & Hosanna) KEEP WRITING! YOU HAVE GREAT PICTURES! WE LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete