Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I was struggling with not feeling ready for my trip, so I decided to look in the bible to see if I could find some answers there. I happened to have my bible from Abba's bible class on hand, and I realized that I had something highlighted on every page in Romans from something that my dad or Abba has talked about, so I decided to start there. I was started reading in Romans 8:31-36 (if you want to know what it says, you can read it for yourself.) It was talking about God's love for us, and how He gave His Son for us, and how He will give us all things. As I read it, I realized that even though I don't feel ready, and there probably isn't a way for me to be ready, it doesn't matter. I just have to do my best, and God will take care of everything else. I don't think I have anything to give any of the youth down there. In fact I think I'll learn a lot more from them then they could ever learn from me. And the truth is I don't have anything to give those people. The only thing I can do is follow God and let Him give them something through me. If I went down there knowing exactly what I wanted to do, with my agenda planned out, where would God fit in?



I think one of my greatest inspirations is Bruce Olson, probably more commonly known as Brushko. He went to South America with nothing but a burning desire to reach the unreached and trust that God would take care of him. And God did. I get to go with a great man to look at and follow, who will help me if I mess up, and a God who can do anything. What else do I need?



Anyway, that all sounds a lot more sure than I feel, but I have always been a fan of not letting your feelings dictate how you act. So I'm putting some faith in God that He will do what He said and take care of me.

5 comments:

  1. Noah,
    I hope you remember me. It's Nate (use to be from Las Vegas)I want you to know that I believe you are in for the ride of your life and that you are more prepared than you know. Trust in God and in the men God has placed in your life for covering and direction. I am very excited for you and will be praying for you and all that our Father has for you on this mission trip. Keep posting while you are there and we will keep you in our hearts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good word Noah,and I am feel confident that you will be a great asset to what God is going to do there in Nakuru. The secret to strength is found in this verse from Isaiah 30:15
    Glad you are going. abba

    ReplyDelete
  3. ‎"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." (Is. 26:3) Just found this verse before I saw your post. Thought it could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bruchko! What an amazing book and testimony of God's work.

    I know you will both be a blessing and be blessed. Praying for you.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading 'Bruchko' to our boys for devotions. They love it.

    As a wise man once said: "It is a happy thing for us that this is really all we have to concern ourselves about--what to do next. No man can do the second thing. He can do the first." (George MacDonald)

    God will give you the grace to do what he's put in front of you, so live in the now.

    ReplyDelete