Friday, August 13, 2010


Ok, here is my first post while I'm in Africa. It is four in the morning here, and I'm having a little trouble sleeping, so I thought I would let you all know how things are going.

The trip down here was not quite as smooth as I hoped it would be. Our first plane left thirty to forty-five minutes late, so we missed most of our layover in Newark. That may not sound so bad, but we needed the layover to make it to our next flight, so I had to run to catch the next flight. They announced our names over the loud speaker and everything. It was all very last minute. The next flight was smooth, and Paris was amazing. Our driver picked us up at about 11:15 and took us to all of the best sights. However, I only slept two hours on the plane, so I was pretty tired, and cars put me to sleep, so I slept through a lot of the driving. I'm not sure what all I missed, but I did get to see all the places I wanted to see. The buildings were beautiful, and the food was good too. After Paris, we boarded the plane to Nairobi, and it was totally packed. I was stuck in a middle seat, so I had trouble, and the movie player shut down about half way though the trip, leaving me with four hours to fill doing nothing in an airplane seat with no room. My ipod died a short time later, so I lost music too. I slept about an hour on that plane ride, so by the time we got to Nairobi I was exhausted. I slept most of the ride to George's house, although I did wake up and take a few pictures at the Great Rift Valley. That was beautiful. I think we are going to go back there before we leave, which I'm really looking forward to.

Anyway, once we got to George's I slept like a baby until four in the morning, when I popped awake. I didn't manage to go back to sleep until about six fifteen, and then I slept till ten and woke up feeling pretty good. Speaking of sleeping, I thought you all might get a kick out of my bed, so I'll post a of picture on my blog.
For those of you who don't know, that is Dora the Explorer. The bed is bigger than it looks in this picture, but it is also in the living room (where I will be sleeping these six weeks) and will be seen by anyone who comes through.

Anyway, we haven't done much yet, but I think that we are going to start doing things today or tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

Also, for any of those people that I promised I would put pictures of Paris up for, here are some of the Eiffel tower and Notre Dame. Hope I spelled those right. Sorry about the funky picture formatting. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to do this and it is very early in the morning. Anyway, bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. Great bed.

    Haviylah put pictures of Paris up. They're pretty good, so you might send people to her Picasa page.

    I miss you already! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea cute blanket. Thanks for doing the blog.

    ReplyDelete