Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today was a pretty interesting day. It started by going to the gym, where I found out just how much I need to work out. However, the highlight was a meeting that we went to this evening.

About an hour or so before we were going to leave for the meeting the sky opened up. By the time we were going to leave it was so wet we didn't know if we would make it to the meeting and we were debating if we should even go at all. We decided to try to go, and headed out into the pouring rain.

There were rivers over the already bad roads, and we stalled twice due to water getting into the engine. The second time we didn't think that we would be able to get the van back up and running, and George was suggesting that we walk the last mile or so through the water. That wouldn't have been so bad, except the water was nowhere near to clean. Walking through it has the potential to make you very sick, so we didn't like the idea. However we did finally manage to get everything running and made it to the meeting.

The meeting itself was great. We started by singing (which was all in Swahili so I don't know exactly what they said) and then we all told a little about ourselves and Abba talked about looking for the church, finding it, and what God promised. However, my favorite part was the tea at the end. When we were done talking, they brought some tea and bread in and we had tea. We didn't actually talk about anything super spiritual or anything, but as I sat there I realized that for all intents and purposes I was taking communion with the Africans. Of course, it wasn't official, but somehow I felt honored to be sitting with all these people, who loved God and had struggled and lived a much harder life than me, and to be eating and drinking with them. I considered them to be my brothers and sisters and they considered me to be a part of their family. It was an awesome feeling, and I think it is what God promised us. I was with people that had a different culture, different skin color, a different language, and a different homeland and yet we were family. It was a great feeling.

So here I am one more at the end with no idea of how to end this, so the end. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment